Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nouvel appartement


I’ve moved into a new apartment. Technically 2 rooms, but one of them is the exact same size as a queen size bed that is squeezed into it and a curtain separates it from the hallway. However, I have to admit that this is the largest apartment I’ve lived in, and the most space I’ve had to live in since I left Gridley after high school. I’m on the top floor of a building that dates back to the mid 1700’s and supposedly an Artist (whose name is escaping me right now) used this apartment as a studio. Some of his work is now in the Musee D’Orsay and Louvre. The living room has all glass sky lights and all the windows make it impossible to sleep past 6:30 or 7 because of the sunlight that comes streaming into the apartment. As for location, it’s across the street from the Seine and about a block from Notre Dame. Just outside the window where I’m sitting now is a great little ally way of restaurants and bars and is always hopping with night life. I’ve left to work twice now when the bar just outside my front door is still going strong! It’s definitely a tourist hot spot, but the great thing about Paris is that it’s full of people from all over the world, including a lot from other parts of France. I don’t feel at all like I’m surrounded by American’s, not that that’s a bad thing necessarily. As I’m writing this I can here the cheers of the futball mad crowd below who are routing for their teams in the world cup. USA just lost 3-0 and Italy is currently leading Ghana 1-0. World Cup matches from 3 – 10:30 for the next month! I love this place.

1 comment:

Erhan said...

That's the best place to have an appartment...damn you're lucky