Saturday, July 08, 2006

Paris - The Melting Pot

I don't currently have reliable wireless internet at my apartment. Which basically means that the low signal from the wireless down the street that I'm borrowing kicks me off from time to time. So, I have a local cafe that I have been using to have a coffee and catch up on e-mails. The problem is that the place is like a sauna! And if the heat wasn't bad enough, the girl sitting next to me smoking her freshly rolled cigarettes is creating a second hand smoke cloud that I'm getting buzzed from.....so, this is what it's like to smoke..

That was the last straw for me, so I used my borrowed week signal to find some other options for local hotspots. And I am now currently sitting in a smoke free, air conditioned, free wireless hot spot..... McDonalds. Yep, that's right. McDonalds has free wireless! Unfortunately they don't have a refill machine, but the soda I bought was much cheeper than the Starbuck's price coffees at the cafe.

I titled this post "Paris - The Melting Pot", but I could probably have titled it "McDonalds - Bringing the World Together". As I've been sitting here I've had a British Family, a student from Mexico, a group of Spanish high schoolers, 2 Sweedish girls, a group of German kids, and of course a few French folks sitting either next to me or just near by. I realy wish I could be Neo and just download all these languages into my brain so I knew what the heck was going on! I'll stick with French IPod downloads for now.

France in the World Cup Finals tomorrow night. Go France!!!

2 comments:

Joan P. said...

Gotta love McD's! Which one are you at? Isn't it kinda far... like on Champs Elysees? I miss Paris.

=(

I'm still kinda sick too. But I got some meds from the dr today. Hopefully it passes soon!

Shitty about France vs. Italy. Booo!!!

Erhan said...

We deserved to beat the italians..ppfff!!! damn penalty kicks...we are the best team...we beat Spain, Brazil, Portugal...

ciao...